Vegan Sweet Potato Crust Pizza
This innovative vegan recipe takes traditional pizza to the next level by replacing the crust with a nutritious and gluten-free base made from sweet potatoes! Indulge in the perfect balance of crispy and tender, as you savor each bite of this mouthwatering creation. Topped with tangy tomato sauce, aromatic herbs, my homemade pepperoni and gouda cheese, and a colorful array of fresh veggies, this plant-based pizza offers a burst of flavors that will leave you craving more. Experience the joy of a guilt-free, nutrient-packed pizza that satisfies both your taste buds and your desire for a wholesome meal.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If using a pizza stone let oven heat for 20 minutes to preheat stone.
- Stir together crust ingredients with a spoon until mixture sticks together and then press into a ball with your hands.
- Press the crust ball onto the center of a piece of parchment paper.
- Place another piece of parchment over the ball and press flat. Continue pressing it into a large circle or roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Add the sauce ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Spread most of the sauce onto the crust.
- Add the toppings of your choice or the ones I have listed.
- If using the pizza stone, slide the crust along with the bottom parchment paper onto the back of a baking tray.
- Slide the pizza with the parchment onto the pizza stone.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
If you want a more firm crust: After rolling the crust out, bake for at least 5 minutes before adding the toppings and then baking it for 15 minutes.
Calories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 5gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 502mgPotassium: 571mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 9591IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 94mgIron: 2mg