Vegan Sweet Potato Flat Bread

Have you missed enjoying a soft, warm, slightly charred piece of naan with your Indian Food? Well suffer no more! Here is a delicious recipe that will help you get through it =)

It is made mostly of sweet potato so this is a great way to get in some more veggies and makes you feel like you are having a treat. My family absolutely loves this flat bread. It does take a little bit of time and effort to make but it is so worth it. You won’t be sorry=)

1 cup sweet potato puré
1 medjool date
1 cup gluten free flour
1/2 cup arrow root flour
1 tsp baking powder

Peel and dice up 1 large sweet potato. Boil until soft. Put into a blender with the date and blend until there are no more date chunks. Put the flours and baking powder into a bowl and stir. Add blender mixture to the flour and mix. Divide into 8 balls. Roll out each ball onto a piece of baking paper sprinkled with gluten free flour.

Fry flat breads on a cast iron griddle or non stick pan.

Makes 8 : 130 calories each

1. Marty Schumacher says:

Talia’s art is gorgeous! Love her drawings and colors.

2. Susan says:

Did you mean wax paper when you said to roll them out on baking powder?

1. Raylene says:

Can I get you to change your recipe so it reads correctly as baking paper? Now it says: Roll out each ball onto a piece of baking powder sprinkled with gluten free flour.

3. Penny says:

Can you substitute another non white flour for the glutin free flour.

4. juliemama says:

Do you think 1.5 cups regular floor would work if you aren’t avoiding gluten?

5. Fran says:

Do you think the binding ingredient could be flax meal? And could instant oats be used instead of flour? Just wondering what your opinion is of these possible substitutions. I might try it that way since I try to avoid all kinds of flour,, but perhaps the oats would work.

I have never tried it but I think it would work🤗

6. Zephyr Wynd says:

What a great recipie. I doubled it and substituted whole wheat flour and it turned out great!

7. Glenda says:

So tasty. Im just making some and having it with leftover “butter Chicken” I made last night (which is actually my version of potatoes and peas in a homemade butter chicken sauce (No butter and coconut cream or coconut yoghurt)

8. JoAnn says:

I LOVE your website and videos! Thank you so much for all the hard work! JoAnn

9. Taymar says:

Hey , how many calories per flat bread
    thx

10. Kimm Crandall says:

I don’t have arrowroot, do you think tapioca flour would work?