Vegan Lemon Bars
- 1-2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all of the crust ingredients except for the water to a blender or food processor and pulse until mixture is finely crumbled.
- Add the water and pulse a few times until mixture sticks together.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a parchment lined 8-9 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add filling ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- If using the shredded coconut, add it to a wire strainer and sift it over the finished bars so that it is a fine sprinkled layer.
- Cool in the fridge for at least an hour before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.