How to Season a Carbon Steel Pan
- Before seasoning your pan make sure you wash it well with warm soapy water.
- Dry pan thoroughly.
- Heat the pan on the stovetop slightly and then turn off the heat.
- Pour about a teaspoon of grapeseed or flaxseed oil onto a cloth or paper towel and rub over the surface of the pan wiping off any excess oil.
- Heat pan on medium high for at least 5 minutes.
- Make sure to have good ventilation while seasoning the pan.
- If this is a brand new pan that hasn't been pre-seasoned, you can repeat this process a couple more times.