Farro Mushroom Risotto
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms , diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 ½ cups farro
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons tamari, low sodium
- ¾ cup coconut milk, canned
- ¾ cup soy milk, unsweetened
- cracked pepper, cracked
- lemon juice, half a lemon
- Sauté the onions with a couple tablespoons of the vegetable broth to keep them from sticking.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook until all of the moisture is cooked out of the mushrooms.
- Add the farro to the pan and dry fry them for a few minutes.
- Next add the cabbage and about half of the vegetable broth. Cover and let cook until all of the liquid is absorbed (between 5-10 minutes).
- Add the remaining vegetable broth, cover and cook until add of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the nutritional yeast, coconut milk, tamari and soy milk, cover and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed again.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.