- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine, or vegetable broth
- 28 ounces fire roasted tomatoes, pureed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- nutmeg, sprinkle
- 2 tbsp organic rolled oats, blended into 1/2 cup water
- 10 oz gluten free pasta
- Sauté onions for 5 minutes using a little bit of water to keep the onions from sticking.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released all of their water and the mushrooms are almost dry.
- Add the carrots, celery, tomato paste and white wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for at least 30 minutes on medium low heat.
- Remove bay leaves.
- If you want to add just a hint of creaminess, then add the blended oat and water mixture to the sauce.
- Serve over a wide noodle pasta like linguini or fettuccini.