Green Goddess dressing has been on our list to recreate as an oil-free dressing for over a year. The original dressing uses various animal products to create the popular flavor so it has taken quite a bit of experimenting to get this just right. I think I finally have it nailed and this salad and dressing recipe is our new favorite. Eating salad every day is essential to a Plant Based Vegan diet, even in the winter. I hope this refreshing salad full of green magic will be one way for you to get your greens in!
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsor:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
4 cups (356g) chopped cabbage
3 cups (141g) chopped romaine
2 cups (240g) chopped cucumbers
1/2 cup (52g) diced spring onion
optional: 1 cup (33g) broccoli sprouts
1 cup (20g) fresh basil
1/2 cup (30g) fresh parsley
1 cup (30g) spinach
1/4 cup (25g) spring onion
optional: a few fresh tarragon leaves
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup (35g) cashews
1/4 cup (33g) sunflower seeds
1/4 cup (40g) raisins
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 cup (118ml) water
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large salad bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix together.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.