Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Using your blender, grind 1 cup of the oats into flour.
- Pour into a mixing bowl along with the remaining oats, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, flax meal and walnuts and mix.
- Blend the dates, soy milk and vanilla together in the blender until dates are pulverized, pour into bowl with the dry mixture and stir well.
- Spread about 2/3 of the mixture into a 9 x 9 brownie pan.
- Blend the filling ingredients in the blender until smooth.
- Spread chocolate mixture on top of the batter in the brownie pan.
- Scoop globs of the remaining oat batter onto the top of the chocolate layer spacing them a little apart.
- Using a butter knife or the back of a spoon lightly spread the globs around to mostly cover the chocolate layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes.