Growing up with a Grandmother from the south, we always had cobbler for dessert. The slightly sweet, biscuit-like batter balances the tartness of the fruit. Peach was always my favorite but cobblers work well with just about any fruit, especially berries. This gluten-free vegan peach cobbler goes great with a generous scoop of vegan vanilla nice cream.
This recipe is brought to you in part by our sponsors:
1 pound fresh or frozen sliced peaches (thawed)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the peaches to the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Blend the oats into a flour in the blender.
- Place the oats, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Blend the dates, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and soy milk in the blender until there are no date chunks.
- Stir mixture into the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Pour the batter over the peaches and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Will keep for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.