If you thought our Original Gluten-Free Bread was fantastic, then you are in for a real treat. The sun-dried tomatoes and olives add a punch of flavor to the earthiness of this bread that goes well with just about any meal or simply on its own. My favorite way to enjoy this bread is toasted with a generous slathering of my tasty Cream Cheese recipe.
3/4 cup buckwheat groats
3/4 cup quinoa
2 1/4 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup psyllium husk
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup diced kalamata olives
2 1/4 cups water
- Soak the buckwheat and quinoa overnight, or at least 6 hours, in water.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Drain and rinse the buckwheat and quinoa and let it drain well in a wire strainer.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" silicone bread pan or regular bread pan lined with parchment or lightly oiled.
- Smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes and then remove from pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- optional: Place loaf back into the oven directly onto the oven rack and let bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- It is best sliced after it has cooled completely because as it cools it is continuing to firm up.