- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 7 ounces extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fennel, crushed
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 14 ounce kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked buckwheat
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- ½ cup organic rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté the onions, mushrooms and tofu together until the onions are translucent.
- Add the spices, wine and balsamic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients along with the cooked ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture sticks together and looks well blended, but not so much that it looks like paste.
- Roll mixture into balls a little smaller than a golf ball and place them onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Flip meatballs over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.