One of my favorite treats before I went plant based was a Snickers bar. I always knew they were total junk food but I was hooked and had to have one every day with my lunch when I worked in the construction field. I haven’t had one in years and had the hankering one afternoon a few months back so I decided to create a healthy alternative. This recipe is a rich and delicious, packed with nutrition, has that sweet chocolate and roasted peanut flavor, and actually satisfies.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or plant milk of your choice)
2 medjool dates (4 deglet)
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons flax meal
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
roasted peanuts for garnish
- Add the almond milk and dates to the blender and blend until the dates are pulverized.
- Add the oats, flax meal and cocoa powder to a container that has a lid and stir.
- Add the almond milk mixture and vanilla to the oat mixture and stir well.
- Put a lid on the container and place in the fridge overnight.
- Sprinkle on roasted peanuts and enjoy.