The weather is starting to warm up here on the East Coast so it is a perfect time for a cup of icy cold brew coffee. Before the quarantine, it was one of my favorite treats to go to a local coffee shop and grab a coffee in the afternoon. Luckily, it is just as simple to make at home and will save you a tidy sum of money at the same time. All you need are some coffee beans and a plant milk of your choice and you will be on your way to a refreshing, ice cold cup of cold brew!
- Place the grounds into a large jar.
- Pour the 4 cups of water over the top and gently stir.
- Put the lid on the jar and leave it on the counter or in the fridge overnight (no more than 15 hours).
- Once it is done soaking overnight, place a strainer lined with a coffee filter over another jar.
- Pour coffee mixture into the strainer and let it drip into the container below.
- Pour about a 1/2 cup of this mixture into a cup filled with ice.
- Pour plant milk over the coffee and add your flavorings if you choose.
- Stir and enjoy!