Vegan Tortilla Soup
Tortilla soup is a mildly spicy tomato based soup that is usually cooked with chicken, but this delicious Plant Based Vegan Tortilla soup is made only of vegetable goodness! By adding kale to this already hearty soup we made it even more nutritious. You can enjoy this soup sprinkled with some fresh cilantro and jalapeños and a piece of gluten free cornbread on the side.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz tomatoes, chopped
- 15 oz kidney beans
- 15 oz black beans
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 kale, bunch, chopped ( about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp jalapeno powder, or 2 tsp chopped fresh jalapeno
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 cups water
- 2 tsp Bragg liquid aminos
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté onions for about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and kale and let cook for another 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes, beans, spices, one tortilla ( chopped into pieces ) and water and cook for 30 minutes
- Cut tortillas into strips and spread evenly onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until crispy
- Add the Braggs liquid amino acids to the soup
- Blend lightly with an immersion blender. Don’t blend all of soup, just enough to make slightly creamy
- Sprinkle crispy tortilla strips onto each serving of soup
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 165kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 9gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 494mgPotassium: 685mgFiber: 10gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1054IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 112mgIron: 4mg
Why do you use water instead of veggie broth?
Sometimes the spices that are in the veggie broth conflict with the flavor that I wanted for this soup but it would still work.
Do you know how I would adapt this for an instapot? Thanks!
haven’t tried making it in the Instant Pot, sorry
…..making this TODAY
we LOVE your recipes!