This Pad Thai recipe is not only super nutritious, it is also super delicious! There are zero refined sugars, salt or oil in this recipe so you can enjoy as much as you want without feeling guilty or groggy =)
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter
juice of two limes
1/2 fresh jalapeño
1 cup water
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup mung bean sprouts(save a little for topping)
2 green onions, diced
1 box pad thai rice noodles
cilantro for garnish
chopped peanuts for garnish
- Blend the garlic, peanut butter, lime juice, jalapeño, dates and water in a blender until smooth.
- Dry saté the carrots, pepper, cabbage and sprouts for 5 minutes only adding a little water to keep it from sticking to the pan.
- Cook noodles according to the directions
- Add noodles to the cooked veggies and add half of the sauce and cook a few minutes.
- Sir in remaining sauce or keep for another batch
- Serve and top with fresh mung bean sprouts, ciantro and chopped peanuts