After buying countless boxes of sprouts from the grocery only to have them go rotten a couple days later, I had given up on them all together. Then I tried growing them myself. I was SHOCKED at how easy and affordable it was to make them. AND how long they last in the fridge.
I ordered some sprouting lids and a package of assorted organic sprouting seeds and went to town sprouting. It only took about four days before I had my first batch of delicious sprouts. The best part is that they lasted almost a week in the fridge!
- Soak 2 Tbsp sprouting seeds overnight. Place the smallest grid lid on jar.
- Rinse and tip at 45° angle in a bowl to catch dripping liquid
- Rinse every day at least once
- On day three, replace small grid lid with medium grid
- Rinse and pour off liquid and place back in drip bowl
- When sprouts have reached the desired size, rinse and use
- You can keep the sprouts in the sprouting jar or put in a tupperware to store in the fridge so that your jar is free to start your next sprout batch!