Plant Based Vegan BLAT
- Slice or mandolin eggplant into bacon shaped pieces.
- Lay out on dehydrator trays.
- Add all sauce ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Brush sauce onto eggplant pieces saving some of the sauce to brush on the other side of the eggplant.
- Put trays into dehydrator for a few hours.
- Take out trays after a few hours, flip the eggplant slices and brush on the remaining sauce.
- Dehydrate for a few more hours or until dry and “crispy”.
- You can bake the “bacon” if you don’t have a dehydrator. Bake at 300° on parchment lined cookie sheets for 20 minutes on one side. Remove from oven, flip slices, baste and bake for another 20 minutes or until crispy. It burns easily when using the oven so watch it closely.
- Assemble sandwiches