A Plant Based Vegan BLAT! I can’t think of two better things to go together! Absolutely no guilt here when you bite into this delicious sandwich. You could even have two!
I remember those hot summer evenings that my mom would make BLTs. The bacon would be frying in the cast iron skillet on the stove while she sliced up pieces of her home-made bread and tomatoes fresh from the garden.
This sandwich uses dehydrated, seasoned eggplant as the bacon and we have added avocado as a heart heathy fat. AND they wouldn’t be complete without a healthy dollop of my chipotle mayo .
Plant Based Vegan BLATjillymom A Plant Based Vegan BLAT! I can’t think of two better things to go together! Absolutely no guilt here when you bite into this delicious sandwich. You could even have two! I remember those hot… Print This
1 large eggplant, peeled
1 tomato, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
- Slice or mandolin eggplant into bacon shaped pieces.
- Lay out on dehydrator trays.
- Add all sauce ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Brush sauce onto eggplant pieces saving some of the sauce to brush on the other side of the eggplant.
- Put trays into dehydrator for a few hours.
- Take out trays after a few hours, flip the eggplant slices and brush on the remaining sauce.
- Dehydrate for a few more hours or until dry and “crispy”.
- You can bake the “bacon” if you don’t have a dehydrator. Bake at 300° on parchment lined cookie sheets for 20 minutes on one side. Remove from oven, flip slices, baste and bake for another 20 minutes or until crispy. It burns easily when using the oven so watch it closely.
- Assemble sandwiches