Oil Free Lemon Poppyseed Dressing

Spring is almost here so it is time for fresh salads! Salad isn’t salad without the dressing though, so here is a light, refreshing dressing to get your spring started. Typically Lemon Poppyseed dressings are made with oil but because this is a Whole Food Plant Based recipe we are not going to use oil. By blending these whole food ingredients together you get a creamy zesty dressing that you are going to want to put on all of your salads!

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk ( or plant milk of your choice )
1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
1 medjool date
juice of one lemon
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

Blend all together in a blender except for the poppy seeds. Mix poppyseeds into blended dressing and enjoy!

1. Tanya says:

Hi Jill 🙂 I recently found your YouTube channel and I LOVE it!!!! I also follow lots of plant based docs and Dr Fuhrman is my favorite. I have read many of his books and am eating a WFPB gluten free vegan diet (My younger daughter and I have Celiac disease). I noticed in your YouTube video you say 1 tsp of ACV and dijon, and 1 TBSP of onion powder (I love the Frontier brand too!), but in you written recipe above all those are reversed (1 TBSP of ACV and dijon, and 1 tsp of onion powder). Which is the correct recipe? Thank you so much!!!

Oh my gosh, thank you for catching that. It is 1 tsp Dijon, 1 tsp ACV, and 1 Tbsp onion powder. That’s what I get for recording three new shows and then editing and uploading one all in the same day 😳

1. Tanya says:

🙂 Haha! That’s okay, it’s totally something I would do too, if I even knew how to edit and upload videos…you’re already light years ahead of me! I made it the wrong way the first time because I didn’t catch it at first, but it was still delicious. I can’t wait to try it again. Thanks Jill, and I look forward to trying ALL your recipes! Have a beautiful day 🙂

2. Paula Dean Settles says:

Hubby and I just finished a hearty lunch salad dressed with your Lemon Poppyseed recipes. It’s delicious, fresh, light and full of flavor. And you’re right! The Dijon mustard really makes a difference! I’m going to try it on spinach salad with strawberries!
    Thank you for sharing !

3. Bev says:

Hi Jill, Thank you so much for this recipe. I’m definitely going to try it. In your comment about Frontier onion powder. Is this the Frontier Coop products on Amazon? And when you say that it tends not to lend to gas, is that because it doesn’t add silica? I love your website. It is one of the best!

It is on Amazon. I have been ordering it through Iherb for so long I didn’t even think to check Amazon. =)
      I’m not sure why this onion powder doesn’t give us gas, but I didn’t realize it until I ran out and had to buy a little jar from the grocery store. It gave us all terrible gas.

4. Bev says:

I am eating this dressing on a salad as I type. It is so good! I made it with the Frontier Co-Op onion powder that I ordered per your recommendation. It is hands down the best I’ve tasted. Thanks for the recommend and for the great dressing! My oil-free dressing recipes are growing!