Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard

Does anyone out there miss Blizzards? You know, the ice cream dessert served by Dairy Queen that is full of crumbled up cookies or candy bars. I recently came up with this recipe and it brought me back to those days. It tastes just like a chocolate ice cream, Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard!  I bet you can’t wait to take a scoop of this one. The special thing about this recipe is that it tastes super dangerous without all the guilt that a 760 calorie Dairy Queen Blizzard has.

Crumbles:
1 1/2 cups dates
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup almond meal or raw almonds
1/2 cup peanut butter

Mix together in a food processor or blender.

Nice cream:
4 frozen bananas
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp cocoa powder or less
1 cup unsweetened almond milk ( or plant milk of choice )

Blend together in a blender until smooth.

Scoop a layer of nice cream into the bottom of cup or glass. Sprinkle chunks of crumbles and then scoop on another layer of nice cream. Top with more crumbles and enjoy. Keep extra crumbles in the fridge to use for your next Blizzard!

3 Servings : roughly 300-350 calories each

1. We absolutely LOVED the crumbly peanut butter topping. My son described it as “heavenly.” The banana ice cream was less of a hit with my family though. How could we add a little sweetness to it? Maple syrup, perhaps? It tasted a bit bitter. Also, did you use dark chocolate powder?

Yes, we use dark chocolate powder. You could add a date or two with the almond milk first and blend it and then add the bananas. Not sure why it would be bitter. Sometimes if the bananas aren’t ripe enough they have a odd taste. They are really best when the skin is really spotty and the bananas are almost mushy.

2. Wm Liefer says:

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

3. Lori says:

Your Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard was a hit with me. I loved everything about it. I replaced the chocolate with roasted carob powder and it was sooo delish! 🙂 Thank you for sharing this recipe!

4. J. Schwartz says:

I see Peanut butter in many of your recipes, what brand/type do you use?

I don’t really have a favorite. I try to only but ones that are just roasted peanuts. It just depends on the store I go to.

5. Momboyz3 says:

Wow…. just wow!!! This was so easy and super delicious. My husband, 5 year old daughter, and I really enjoyed this chocolatey treat. I just found your YouTube channel a few days ago and subscribed. I’m loving your recipes and all of the helpful links!

6. Brandi says:

I love this recipe and make it often. I have found that there can be such a difference in taste with what chocolate powder you use. I still need to find a really good one, but if you add those crumbles on, I swear it could be dirt and it’d be delicious! LOL Those crumbles are everything. I actually just eat them sometimes when I’m not in the mood to make the ice cream. 🙂 Love your channel.

I agree! We still have these just about every night going on a year now😳