Two Oil Free Vegan Salad Dressings

Struggling to find a salad dressing that isn’t loaded with oil or unnecessary fats and sugar? Well, look no further. I have two fantastic salad dressing recipes for you that are free of added oil and sugar! The first one, is reminiscent of Thousand Island dressing which my husband has renamed “crack” because of its addictive quality. Too funny huh? The second is a creamy take on honey mustard dressing. This will hopefully help you all along and keep you from getting salad boredom.

“Crack” ingredients:
2  cups raw, unsalted cashews
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 cup raisins
1 cup almond milk or any other plant based milk
tsp Braggs Liquid Amino Acids

Blend in blender until smooth.

Makes at least 10 servings at 175 calories per serving

Honey mustard Dressing ingredients:
2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup almond milk or any other plant based milk

1 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos

Blend in a blender until smooth.

Makes at least 10 servings at 180 calories per serving

1. Nancy says:

What can you substitute if you can’t eat Cashews? they make my stomach cramp up. Was wondering if walnuts or almonds would do the same effect. Thanks,

My guess is that it would work just fine but it would taste different. You could also try northern beans(white beans)

2. I love the Thousand Island Dressing-Two Thumbs Up!

3. geraldine homenchuk says:

Hey Jill, I can hardly wait to try this “thousand islands” look-alike. Thoroughly enjoy your YouTube videos and am learning good stuff. And love that you promote and demonstrate the Instand Pot (I-Pot). JUST got mine and have used it twice already. LOVE IT!!! Saw and loved your interview with Chef A.J. — you guys made a great team! Keep on doing what you’re doing and inspiring us all out here in YouTube Land!! Love your enthusiasm. I’m not there yet … too sick still, but working towards better health with a WFPBD … did I get that right? LOL and of course the Instant Pot. Hugs and gratitude to you, m’dear!

4. Connie says:

At 5:04 you add a teaspoon of Bragg’s but I do not see it listed in the ingredients, can you please confirm. Also do you have nutritional information – calories for these recipes? Thank you!

Thank you for catching that. I added it to the ingredient list.

5. Ilija says:

Thank you for inspiring us to try something new. What do you think how would this recipe perform (especially Honey mustard) with apple cider vinegar. I ask because I’m trying to increase use of apple cider vinegar because it seams that it is the only vinegar that is actually alkalizing your body. Thank you in advance, and by the way new set looks great from our perspective! 🙂

Apple cider vinegar would work great. Thanks for watching 🤗

6. Judith G Cullen says:

Braggs Liquid Aminos? Not on my market shelf? Nutritional yeast ditto. Please assume nothing when addressing new vegan cooks! Thanks. J Cullen

7. Rosie says:

About how many tablespoons are considered a serving? Thank you!

Between three and four😊

8. andrea says:

I love the recipes, what kind of blender do you have?

Blendtec professional 800🤗

9. andrea says:

I love your recipes, what kind of blender are you using? Thanks

It’s a Blendtec professional 800

10. Nikky says:

Do you soak the cashews

No, but I have a high powered blender. If you are using a regular blender it would make a smoother dressing if you soak them.🤗

11. Craig Barrington says:

What kind of blender do you have? It looks like it does a good job and may be a little quieter than most.

It’s a Blendtec professional 800

12. Kelly Glass says:

I’ve been reading lately that you’re always supposed to soak your nuts and grains… I think because of the photochemicals. That could be a game changer for the person experiencing stomach cramps. Also, could I sub dates for raisins? If so, should it be a different amount? Thanks!

13. Kelly Glass says:

sorry not photochemiclas…… phytochemicals

Yes you can substitute dates for raisins but maybe just a little less 🤗

14. Jacqui walker says:

I love the show!

15. Morgan says:

Hello! New vegan here looking to try out some dressing recipes. Was wondering if Stevia or agave could be subbed for the raisins, and if so, what measurement would you recommend starting with for the sweetener? Thanks in advance!

I would substitute a couple dates rather than agave or stevia because it is the whole food. If you use the agave, I would try a tablespoon 🤗

I think the stevia would taste strange.

1. Morgan says:

Thank you! =^_^=

16. Mark says:

IMO – When choosing a vinegar, I find regular balsamic too potent (also stains teeth) and white wine a little mild. A happy medium I discovered and find just right is “Golden Balsamic Vinegar, by Pompeian”. It’s the one Goldilocks would choose 🙂