My quest for a great tasting hummus recipe that doesn’t use copious amounts of oil and salt has been a long one. But here I will share with you my latest recipe that my family and I are very happy with!
- 2 cans unsalted chickpeas
- liquid from one of the cans of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp Braggs liquid amino acids
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- a little less than 1/4 cup tahini
Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
One serving 3-4 Tablespoons: about 100 calories