Transitioning your family to a plant based diet can be a challenge sometimes so this recipe is sure to be a hit with the little ones and maybe even the big ones too! These carrot dogs have become my children’s favorite new recipe.
You can have them simply with ketchup and mustard or load them up with other goodies like sauerkraut, diced onion and jalapeños! After eating one of these juicy carrot doggies, you will never eat another meat dog again! Happy Eating! Try pairing these up with my baked bean recipe.
- Peel carrots and cut off the ends.
- Shape into hot dog shape with peeler.
- Put into a pan with the 1/2 cup of water and cover with lid.
- Simmer (steam) for 15-25 minutes or until carrots are soft like a hot dog.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour into a tupperware.
- Put carrots into mixture and put in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours.
- Pour everything back into the pan and simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
- Assemble your carrot dog.