Vegan Sweet Potato Gratin
- 2 white sweet potatoes, 2 inches in diameter
- 2 purple sweet potatoes, 2 inches in diameter
- 2 orange sweet potatoes, 2 inches in diameter
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Mandolin cut your potatoes about 1/4" thick and keep them in separated color piles.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce into a mixing bowl, place one of the piles of sweet potatoes into the sauce and stir gently to coat the slices with the sauce.
- Place the sauce covered slices into the casserole dish standing them on edge in a line towards one side of the dish.
- Once you have filled a row take any remaining slices that are in the mixing bowl with the sauce out and set aside.
- Place the next pile of sweet potato sliced into the sauce and gently stir.
- Place those slices into the casserole dish next to the first row standing them on their edges.
- Repeat this process with the remaining pile of potatoes.
- For the fourth row, use whichever potato you choose to finish filling the pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cranberries, thyme and cracked pepper on top.
- Cover the casserole dish with a lid or a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered and then 15 minutes uncovered.