Vegan Apple Turnovers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all dough ingredients and divide it into 6 pieces.
- Add the apple chunks to a saucepan and place on medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until dates are pulverized.
- Pour this mixture over the apples and cook for 5-10 minutes until the apples are just slightly soft.
- Take each dough piece and roll in into a ball.
- If using the tortilla press, line it with parchment. Place the dough ball on the press and press gently until dough disk is at least 6 inches in diameter.
- Gently peel back the parchment and place disk on parchment lined baking tray.
- Spoon a small amount of the apple mixture to half of the disk, then gently fold the remaining half over the apples matching the opposite edge so that it creates a half circle shape. gently press the open edge shut to keep the apple mixture in.
- Repeat for the remaining 5 dough balls.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add all of the drizzle ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over each turnover or pour mixture in a small bowl to use as a dip.