Vegan Fajita Casserole
- Add the Butler Soy Curls to a bowl, pour over the vegetable broth and let soak for at least 15 minutes.
- If using mushrooms or bean instead of the Butler Soy curls, then omit the vegetable broth and sauté them with the onions and peppers
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté onions, red bell pepper and poblano pepper until lightly brown.
- Add the soaked Butler Soy Curls, lime juice and cracked pepper and cook for a few minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add all of the red sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Smoky Cheese Sauce
- Add all of the smoky cheese sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Layer 4 tortillas into the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Spoon over half of the onion and pepper mix.
- Sprinkle half of the fire roasted corn over that.
- Pour half of the red sauce and half of the smoky cheese sauce over the veggies and lightly smooth the top.
- Add another layer of corn tortillas.
- Spoon remaining onion and pepper mix and fire roasted corn.
- Finish by pouring the remaining red sauce and smoky cheese sauce and lightly smoothing the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of guacamole and chopped cilantro