Vegan Creamy Vegetable Casserole
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 8 ounces mushroom, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, frozen
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth, optional, for soaking the Butler Soy Curls
- 1 ½ cups Butler Soy Curls, optional
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If you are using the Butler Soy curls, place them in a bowl and pour the vegetable broth over them and let them soak while you are cooking the vegetables.
- Sauté onions, celery and mushrooms until onions are lightly brown.
- Add mixture to a large casserole dish.
- Cook remaining ingredients in a pot on medium high heat until veggies are about halfway cooked.
- Pour into the casserole dish with the onion mixture.
- Add the soaked Butler Soy Curls to the casserole dish and gently stir ingredients together.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture over the vegetables and lightly stir to get the sauce all the way to the bottom and then pour remaining sauce on top and smooth the surface gently.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for 5-10 minutes more to brown the top.