Vegan Runza Hand Pies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms until mushrooms have released all of their moisture and the onions are light brown, using a bit of the vegetable broth to keep them from sticking.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on medium high heat until cabbage is soft.
- Add the rolled oats to a blender and grind into a flour.
- Add oat flour to a mixing bowl along with the flax meal, arrowroot powder and baking powder and stir well.
- Add the sweet potato puree and lemon juice and mix together until mixture holds together in a ball, using a bit of water if mixture isn't sticking together.
- Divide into 8 pieces.
- Roll each ball out into a circle between 2 pieces of parchment paper until it is about 5-6 inches in diameter or use a tortilla press.
- Spoon a few spoonfuls of filling onto half of one of the dough circles almost to the edge, leaving the edge clean so that when you fold the other side of the circle over the filling then you can gently press the two edges of dough together to keep the filling in.
- Continue filling the remaining dough circles and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a blender except for the red pepper flakes and blend until the dates are pulverized.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes.