Vegan Cheesesteak Sandwich
In this scrumptious plant-based cheesesteak sandwich recipe, I'll show you how to recreate a classic favorite without any meat or dairy. This vegan twist on the traditional cheesesteak is packed with flavor and healthy goodness. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can whip up this mouthwatering sandwich in no time. Whether you're a seasoned vegan or just looking to add more plant-based meals to your diet, this recipe is sure to satisfy!
3 Hoagie Buns
- Add all marinade ingredients except for black pepper into a blender and blend until dates are pulverized.
- Add the black pepper and soy curls to the marinade and let soak for at least 2 hours.
- Add all cheese sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all topping ingredients to a frying pan and cook until onions and peppers are mostly soft.
- If veggies start to stick add a tablespoon of water to get things moving.
- Remove from pan and set aside for assembly.
- Add marinated soy curls along with most of the marinade juice to the pan and cook on high for a few minutes.
- To assemble, layer the soy curls and veggies onto an open hoagie bun and pour some of the cheese sauce over the top.
Calories: 315kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 18gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 398mgPotassium: 938mgFiber: 8gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 1335IUVitamin C: 57mgCalcium: 105mgIron: 6mg