Vegan Chinese Scallion Pancakes
Enjoy these easy savory vegan Chinese Scallion Pancakes to shake up your pancake routine! The oil-free pancakes are hearty and satisfying and the dipping sauce brings a flavorful punch to each bite.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- ½ cup quinoa, soaked for 3 hours
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white miso
- ⅔ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp flax meal, + 1 tsp
- 1 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 deglet dates
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp water
- Soak quinoa in water for 3 hours.
- Drain and rinse quinoa.
- Add all of the pancake ingredients except for the flax meal and scallions and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in the flax meal.
- Continue to stir until mixture thickens a little and then stir in the scallions.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture onto a heated carbon steel or nonstick pan and spread it into a small circle.
- Cook until bottom is light brown. Flip and cook other side.
- Add all of the dipping sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until the dates are completely pulverized.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 258kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 11gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 188mgPotassium: 567mgFiber: 7gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 580IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 121mgIron: 4mg
These were very tasty! I had a hard time with sticking– even in my non-stick pan. Maybe I blended them too long. So I added some water to make them a little thinner (I like them that way) and poured them onto parchment and baked them. I had to poke them with a fork after flipping them to release some moisture but they ended up really great. Such a creative recipe!