Vegan Black Forest Cupcakes
These Vegan Black Forest Cupcakes combine the delicious tartness of dark cherries with the richness of chocolate cake brought together with generous layers of cashew whipped cream to make a cupcake lovers dream.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 1 cup rolled oats, organic
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tbsp flax meal
- 1 cup soy milk, unsweetened, or any other plant based milk
- ¾ cup deglet dates, or medjool
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cashews, or cooked white sweet potato
- ¼ cup deglet dates, or medjool
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups sweet dark cherries, frozen
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind oats in a blender to make flour.
- Add the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and flax meal to a bowl and whisk.
- Add the soy milk, dates, vanilla and vinegar to a blender and blend until dates are completely pulverized.
- Stir the blended mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a cupcake baking pan to make 6 cupcakes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before decorating.
- Add frosting ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon into a piping bag and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to decorate cupcakes.
- Add the frozen cherries to a saucepan.
- Mix together the arrowroot powder and water and then pour it over the cherries along with the lemon juice.
- Cook on medium until sauce thickens slightly.
- Set aside to cool completely before using for decorating.
- Slice the top 1/3 of each cupcake off.
- Pipe on a small amount of frosting onto the bottom cupcake sections.
- Gently spoon on 4 of the cherries and a little of the glaze onto each cupcake.
- Place the top 1/3 of cupcakes on top of that.
- Pipe on a generous amount of frosting and add a cherry on top of each cupcake.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for a couple days.
Best eaten within a few hours because after a day the frosting starts to turn an unattractive color. It’s fine to eat of course.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 306kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 9gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 108mgPotassium: 574mgFiber: 7gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 179IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 116mgIron: 3mg
HI Jill i really want to make this in a cake form do I just double this and put in 9x 13 then when cooled everything construct on 1 layer?? the cake then the frosting then the cherries then the frosting again with decorative cherries this is so going down for Easter
What is the cook time if i make it a cake rather than cupcake?
Hmmm, that is a good question. I would start with 15 minutes and then check it.
In your video you call for 1 1/2 cups dates but in the written recipe it calls for 3/4 cup dates in the cupcakes. Please clarify.
Thanks, Charlotte Hammons
It is 3/4 cup. sorry
Hello! This looks very delicious! I had a quick question though, If you decide to replace the cashews with the white sweet potato, how would you prepare the sweet potato?
Bake or boil them until soft.
How can I make this into a sheet cake should I frost cooled cake the cherries then frost again?! Can’t wait to try
I would just frost it and add the cherry mixture to the top.
Jill do I double this for sheet cake?
Can you suggest a good blender that can do large and small amounts, isn’t hard to clean, and blends cashews to a creamy (not gritty) texture? I don’t want to waste any more money. Thanks! You can email me if that would be better.
Hello Laurie, I prefer my Nutribullet Pro with the 1200 w motor for most things but it isn’t very big. For Everything else I use my Blendtec. I wish I had a suggestion for you. These are just what I have and I haven’t experimented with any other brands that might have an in between size.
You can substitute sunflower seeds for nuts