This Vegan Jambalaya recipe is a simple one pot meal that is packed with bold flavors. The added cabbage is a great way to amp up the nutrition without compromising the flavor or texture of this dish. This is a great recipe to make on the weekend and store the leftovers for lunches during the week.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups red cabbage, or green, chopped
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ¾ cup brown rice
- 14 ounces kidney beans
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp jalapeño, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 tbsp lemon, juice
- ¼ cup green onions
- Sauté onions, red bell peppers and garlic for 5 minutes. If they start to stick to pan, add a tablespoon of water to the pan while cooking.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan except for the lemon and green onions.
- Stir together ingredients, bring up to a boil, cover and lower temperature to medium low.
- Cook with the lid on for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sprinkle green onions on top before serving.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 299kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 12gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.5gSodium: 728mgPotassium: 979mgFiber: 12gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 2336IUVitamin C: 81mgCalcium: 133mgIron: 5mg
Any suggestions on cooking this in an instant pot?
Sorry, I’m not really sure.
I made this today there’s so much about it that I love but it’s pretty bland. I’m wondering if I did something wrong?
Do you think this would freeze well? My dad is visiting in a few weeks and I want to have some plant based foods prepped and ready to go for him! Thanks!
I think it would do great.
Thank you so much!
I just made for the 1st time. It won’t be the last. Although it won’t be a go to recipe for me, it will certainly add variety to my diet. For me, also a nice way to integrate more rice. This channel doesn’t disappoint.
I thought this was great just as is! I was a little shy with the jalapeno and it turned out that I could have used more, but it was still a perfect one bowl meal.