Vegan Creamy Mushroom Soup
Creamy vegan soups are divine but tend to use nuts for the creamy texture making them much higher in fat. This delicious Creamy Mushroom Soup uses white beans to make the broth creamy while being high in fiber and lower in fat. The baked mushrooms add a satisfying chewy texture for a hearty and soul warming meal.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced, divided in half
- 2 tsp tamari, or white miso
- 14 ounces great northern beans, cooked, or navy beans
- 1 liter vegetable broth, low sodium
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup soy milk, unsweetened
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread half of the mushrooms onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sautè the onions, garlic and second half of mushrooms that have been lightly chopped.
- Add the beans, tamari, vegetable broth, thyme and bay leaf and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, add the soy milk and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add the baked mushrooms and pepper and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.*
* note: if you want a thicker soup let it cook for at least 10 minutes.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 19gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 255mgPotassium: 1134mgFiber: 13gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 177IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 167mgIron: 4mg
I like all your recipes, but this is now my go to favorite! Thanks
I made this soup last night for dinner and it was delicious! Next time I would not add the thyme as it seemed to overwhelm the flavor. I would also consider adding some small diced potatoes and perhaps a bit of rosemary. This recipe could also be used as the base for many other recipes that call for cream of mushroom soup (the type in the can).
So delicious! Mmmm!
absolutely delicious! A great comfort food and impressive enough to serve company.
I made this soup last night and really enjoyed it. Love how the beans give it a creamy flavor. I don’t have an immersion blender so I chopped the onions and mushrooms to fry finely and blended the beans with some veggi broth in the bullet blender. Funny, after my wife’s first taste of the soup she said, this would be great with some crusty bread.