Vegan Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Buns
- Dissolve the yeast and date syrup with the warm water in a mixing bowl and let it sit for at least 5 minutes so the yeast can activate.
- Stir in the whole wheat flour, mashed sweet potato and Braggs liquid aminos until everything is mixed together.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured clean countertop for a few minutes, adding a little flour as you go to keep it from sticking to the counter.
- Place dough back into the mixing bowl and cover lightly with a tea towel. Let it sit for an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Once doubled, divide into four pieces and shape into round balls.
- Place balls onto a parchment lined baking tray and press into burger sized buns using slightly wet hands so that they don't stick.
- Cover buns with a tea towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of each bun and tap lightly so that they stick to the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Make a double batch and freeze the extras.