Vegan Taco Soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups red cabbage, or green, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 14 ounces black beans, cooked
- 14 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 ounces green chilis, diced
- 1 tsp green salt, or 2 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp lime juice, optional
- 6 cups water
- Sauté the onions, mushrooms and cabbage for about 10 minutes, adding the garlic about half-way through so it doesn't burn. Use a little water to keep ingredients from sticking to the pan if necessary.
- Add the spices while the onion and mushroom mixture is cooking.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 20 minutes.