- 2 ½ cups organic rolled oats, ground into flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup deglet dates, or medjool
- ⅓ cup blackstrap molasses, or unsulfered molasses
- ½ tsp ginger, optional: microplaned or minged very fine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients for the cake.
- Blend the dates, molasses, white wine vinegar, microplaned ginger if using and water in a blender until dates are completely pulverized.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and blended mixture.
- Pour into a silicone bundt pan, lightly oiled regular bundt pan or parchment lined 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Blend the drizzle ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Once cake is cooled, decorate with the drizzle.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.