Vegan Baked Beans
Some form of Baked Beans are a staple food the world over. Our vegan Baked Beans bring the full nutritional powerhouse of added cabbage and mushrooms to delight your sense and feed your gut biome. The rich smoky tomato sauce and soft fiber rich beans will have you coming back for more.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 1 pound dry beans (Rancho Gordo)
- 4 cups water
- 1 onion
- 2 cups red cabbage, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 14 oz tomatoes, diced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- ¼ cup deglet dates
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Cook the soaked beans that have been rinsed and drained in 4 cups of water until almost soft (about 30 minutes or so)
- Sauté onions, cabbage and mushrooms until onions are soft.
- Blend the tomatoes, tomato paste, mustard, dates, molasses and broth.
- Pour the blended mixture into the beans along with the remaining ingredients in the Dutch oven and stir.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 -1 1/2 hours or until beans are completely soft.
- If you like the sauce to be thicker, remove the lid and bake for another 30 minutes.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 294kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 17gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 399mgPotassium: 1495mgFiber: 12gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 805IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 112mgIron: 6mg
How long does this keep in the fridge?
A good week
what are similar beans?
Navy, northern, black, pinto
What kind of beans? Red kidney beans seem like the most common kind for chili, but you didn’t specify, so just wondering.
Thanks for all your time sharing recipes!!!
Any kind of medium sized bean. Pinto, northern, navy, black
These bakes beans are soooo delicious! Followed the recipe exactly and wouldn’t change a thing. This is going to be a new regular for me as I can struggle to get enough beans consumed each day. Thanks Jill 🙂
I want to convert this into an instant pot recipe! Usually I cook dried black beans for 23 minutes in the instant pot (at sea level)… Maybe I could cook the beans for 3/4 of the time, then add the other ingredients (the sautéed and the blended stuff) and then cook again on high pressure for the remaining 6 or so minutes… it might not have the depth of flavor though of baking the dish. Thoughts?
I think that would work but you are right about the depth of flavor. It is always better when cooking the slow way.