Vegan Bean & Mushroom Bacon Senate Soup
- Soak the beans in water overnight or even better 24 hours.
- Add the mushrooms, 1 tablespoon of the tamari and 1 teaspoon of the smoked paprika to a bowl and mix until mushrooms are well coated.
- Place the mushrooms on a parchment lined baking tray and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Sauté the onions, celery and garlic in a soup pan until just soft using a little water to keep them from sticking.
- Add remaining ingredients along with the potato from the broth thickener to the soup pot and cook on medium high for at least an hour or until the beans are soft. Mine took 1 1/2 hours to soften.
- After 30 minutes take the potato out of the pot and set aside.
- Once soup is finished, add the potato and 1 cup of vegetable broth to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir potato mixture into the soup.