Puttanesca is a simple but flavor packed sauce that is quick to make and will leave you begging for more. It is typically served over pasta but we are kicking up the nutrition by serving it over a delicious roasted cauliflower.
- Bake cauliflower florets on a parchment lined baking tray on 400°F for 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, sauté garlic, olives and capers for a couple minutes, adding a little water to keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and cook on medium high for 10 minutes.
- When cauliflower is done, add to the pan with the sauce, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking.
- Optional: If you would like to make this dish even more robust you can add tofu chunks, tempeh chunks or chick peas while the sauce is cooking.
Calories: 64kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 3gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 696mgPotassium: 412mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 485IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 2mg