Puttanesca is a simple but flavor packed sauce that is quick to make and will leave you begging for more. It is typically served over pasta but we are kicking up the nutrition by serving it over a delicious roasted cauliflower.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, or black olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 15 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp white miso
- 1 cup water
- Bake cauliflower florets on a parchment lined baking tray on 400°F for 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, sauté garlic, olives and capers for a couple minutes, adding a little water to keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and cook on medium high for 10 minutes.
- When cauliflower is done, add to the pan with the sauce, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking.
- Optional: If you would like to make this dish even more robust you can add tofu chunks, tempeh chunks or chick peas while the sauce is cooking.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 64kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 3gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 696mgPotassium: 412mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 485IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 2mg
Going to make this today or tomorrow. LOVE your recipes. You taught me how to cook plant based.