French Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Core apples and cut them into quarters.
- Mandolin slice the apples.
- Add the oat four, almond flour, baking powder and nutritional yeast to a large bowl and stir together.
- Add the dates, soy milk and vanilla to a blender and blend until the dates are pulverized.
- Pour the soy milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir well.
- Add the apple slices to the the batter and massage gently until all of the apple slices are coated with the batter.
- Line a 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Layer the apple slices into the pan one layer at a time.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Blend the top batter soy milk, dates and vanilla together.
- Stir remaining top batter ingredients into the soy milk mixture and pour over the cake making sure that some of the batter creeps down the sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 400°F and bake for another 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Let the cake sit for 10 minutes before taking the springform off.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds on top for decoration.
- Let the cake rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Keep in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.