- 5 Yukon gold potatoes, medium size
- 2 onions, one diced and one quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Sauté the diced onion.
- Blend together the quartered onion, garlic, diced tomatoes and tomato paste and water.
- Pour into the sautéd onions along with the cubed potatoes and stir well.
- Cover and cook on medium high heat for at least 15 minutes or until the potatoes are almost soft.
- Add the lemon juice and spices except for the garam masala and cook uncovered for another 10 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Stir in the tamari and garam masala and let cook for a couple minutes.