Looking for a way to jazz up those potatoes? This Plant Based Vegan Bombay Potato recipe packs a powerful punch when it comes to flavor. Cubes of soft earthy potatoes swimming in an Indian spiced tomato sauce is exactly what these cool fall evenings call for.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 5 Yukon gold potatoes, medium size
- 2 onions, one diced and one quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Sauté the diced onion.
- Blend together the quartered onion, garlic, diced tomatoes and tomato paste and water.
- Pour into the sautéd onions along with the cubed potatoes and stir well.
- Cover and cook on medium high heat for at least 15 minutes or until the potatoes are almost soft.
- Add the lemon juice and spices except for the garam masala and cook uncovered for another 10 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Stir in the tamari and garam masala and let cook for a couple minutes.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 7gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 258mgPotassium: 1330mgFiber: 8gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 718IUVitamin C: 62mgCalcium: 84mgIron: 4mg
I made this and it was delicious. I was looking for a main course instead of a side do I added chickpeas, red pepper, green peas and green beans. It was yum! Thank you!
I would attach a pic if I could!
I made this tonight and we loved it! I tweaked it for the Instant pot and served it over spinach. I also added a bag of frozen peas and a side of baked tofu to round it out. Perfect Fall meal, thanks Jill!
CATHERINE CIARAVINO, how would you make this in the instant pot? how much time in the IP and when do you add the frozen peas?
Hello Jill, thank you for your recipe. I cooked it today and I liked it. Maybe I will use less lemon juice next time, but overall good indian meal!
One question – is your nutrition info based on 100g or what amount? 240 kcal seems a lot for 100g of this dish. Or are you using a different unit / amount? Thanks! Dan
The nutritional info is automated so I’m not really sure of its accuracy
I made these tonight and loved them! Can’t stop thinking about them