This plant-based vegan Lemon Loaf is my healthy version of popular Starbucks Lemon Loaf. The richness of the cake is balanced with a pucker punch of lemony flavor that will delight your tastebuds. You will never need to buy a slice of Starbucks Lemon Loaf again!
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
- WellBean – Our viewers save $5 OFF a variety pack with code: TryWellBean5
2 cups (240g) almond flour
1 1/4 cups (100g) rolled oats, ground into flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup (160g) dates
1 cup (240ml) unsweetened soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup (35g) cashews
1/4 cup (59ml) lemon juice
1/4 cup (40g) dates
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup (59ml) water
sprinkle of turmeric
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Stir the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, turmeric and lemon zest together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, dates, soy milk and vanilla to a blender and blend until the dates are pulverized.
- Pour this mixture into the dry mixture and stir together.
- Pour into a silicone bread pan or parchment lined bread pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the edges are brown and the top feels firm when pressed.
- Add the frosting ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let frosting sit for at least 10 minutes while the cake is cooling so that it will thicken.
- Pour frosting over the cake letting it ooze down the sides of the cake.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.