We are always looking for tasty new ways to eat more fresh veggies. These plant-based vegan Summer Rolls with a spicy peanut sauce are the perfect way to turn fresh vegetables into a satisfying meal and you can use whatever veggies you have on hand to make them your own! The spicy peanut dipping sauce adds a rich savory punch to keep you coming back for more.
red pepper and cucumber, cut very thin like matchsticks
extra firm tofu, cut into strips
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons tamari
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 cup of water
optional: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or chili powder
rice paper wrappers
- Fill a shallow dish that will fit the rice paper wraps with warm water.
- Set a rice paper wrap in the dish making sure the water goes over the top and let it sit for 10-15 seconds.
- Take the wrap out of the water and lay it flat on a cutting board.
- Start layering the vegetables on one side of the wrap about an inch from the edge, laying them all in the same direction about 3 inches long.
- Take the one inch edge and gently fold it over the veggies and start to roll forward slightly.
- Take the side edges and fold it over the roll towards the middle so that the ends are "tucked in".
- Continue rolling the roll forward pressing the rice paper to itself.
- Place the rolls on a plate making sure not to stack them on each other or they will stick together.
- Continue making rolls until you have used all of the veggies or you have the amount that you want to eat.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together.