This vegan watermelon jerky recipe is truly hard to believe until you try it. The thick slices of juicy watermelon dehydrate down to chewy, sweet, smoky, & peppery strips of jerky that are addictive from the first bite. This simple recipe will take the sumptuous summer treat of watermelon to the next level. We think this is the best vegan jerky we have ever tasted!
This show was brought to you in part by our sponsors:
- Complement – Our viewers save 15% OFF your order with code: WFPB15
Braggs liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Slice watermelon into 1/2 inch thick strips,
- Place onto dehydrator trays with the screen.
- Spritz or brush Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce onto watermelon strips.
- Mix spices together and sprinkle lightly onto each watermelon strip.
- Place trays into dehydrator and bake at 135°F (57°C) for 24 hours or until desired chewiness.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.