- 7 ounces extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, diced
- lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons basil, dry
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Bragg liquid aminos
- cracked pepper
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté onions in a saucepan for about 5 minutes, using some of the vegetable broth to deglaze the pan if the onions start to stick.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the sauce spices, tomato paste and wine and cook for a few minutes to cook off the alcohol in the wine.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer until sauce is thick.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a bowl and mix together thoroughly with a potato masher or your hands making sure the tofu is broken into tiny pieces.
- Lay two zucchini slices side by side on a cutting board so that they slightly overlap.
- Lay two more pieces centering them over the top of the other two pieces in the opposite direction so that it makes a plus sign.
- Spoon a small portion of the filling onto the center where the zucchini slices cross each other.
- Fold the ends of the zucchini slices over the filling glob one side at a time so that it creates a little enclosed parcel.
- Ladle a couple spoonfuls of sauce into the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Continue making zucchini parcels and place them into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Ladle sauce over all of the parcels.
- Add all of the cheese sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over sauce and parcels.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes.