Szechuan Steamed Vegetables
Steaming veggies is an easy and nutritious way to prepare vegetables that preserves the delicate flavor. Of course they taste even better when they are topped with this simple and delicious Szechuan sauce. You can serve this over rice or serve it with baked tofu chunks as a meal.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
If you would like to check out the Buydeem Intelligent Food Steamer visit their website here and use coupon code BDSteamer to enjoy the exclusive price and an extra gift.
- 1 head broccoli , florets
- ½ head cauliflower , florets
- 1 lb green beans, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons tamari, low sodium
- 8 deglet dates, 4 medjool
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic, cloves
- green onion, garnish
- crushed red pepper flakes, garnish
- Steam veggies for 13 – 15 minutes to your preference of doneness.
- Sauté garlic and ginger in a small skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Add the dates, sesame seeds, rice vinegar and water to a blender and blend until dates are completely pulverized.
- Pour that mixture into the pan with the garlic and ginger and cook on medium high for a few minutes.
- Stir in the pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the steamed vegetables and garnish with the red pepper fakes and green onion.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 219kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 12gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1086mgPotassium: 1165mgFiber: 12gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 2310IUVitamin C: 200mgCalcium: 224mgIron: 5mg
Five stars! This was so good. I used asparagus with the broccoli and cauliflower because that’s what I had. Didn’t have any tofu so I stirred in some peanut butter for protein. Delicious! Thank you for another great recipe. Im sorry thé Kickstarter project fell through.
Thank you Claudia. I’m so glad you liked it. We really love this recipe too.=)
Would love to be able to print the Szechuan Steamed Vegetable and sauce recipe. Print button blinked but that’s all. Sigh
here is the link