Szechuan Steamed Vegetables
- 1 head broccoli , florets
- ½ head cauliflower , florets
- 1 lb green beans, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons tamari, low sodium
- 8 deglet dates, 4 medjool
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic, cloves
- green onion, garnish
- crushed red pepper flakes, garnish
- Steam veggies for 13 – 15 minutes to your preference of doneness.
- Sauté garlic and ginger in a small skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Add the dates, sesame seeds, rice vinegar and water to a blender and blend until dates are completely pulverized.
- Pour that mixture into the pan with the garlic and ginger and cook on medium high for a few minutes.
- Stir in the pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the steamed vegetables and garnish with the red pepper fakes and green onion.