Afghan Borani Banjan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake eggplant slices on a parchment lined baking tray for 20 minutes.
- Sauté garlic in a little water for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the spices and water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Ladle a couple spoonfuls of sauce into the bottom of a small casserole dish that has a lid or a dutch oven.
- Layer the eggplant slices and then top with sauce. Continue layering until eggplant is gone and top with the remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Add add of the creamy sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour creamy sauce over baked eggplant and garnish with the fresh chopped mint.