Hollandaise Sauce Over Steamed Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup soy milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Bragg liquid aminos, or low sodium tamari
- Steam asparagus for 10-15 minutes depending on your preference of firmness.
- Bring the white wine, white wine vinegar and onion powder to a boil and then lower temperature to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend together the turmeric, soy milk, arrowroot powder and cashews in a blender until the cashews are pulverized.
- Pour mixture into pan with the cooked down wine mixture and lower the temperature.
- Whisk until thickness desired.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the nutritional yeast, lemon juice and Braggs liquid aminos.
- Pour desired amount over the asparagus.
- If you have remaining sauce, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.