Sesame Tofu & Broccoli
This Sesame Tofu & Broccoli is a quick and easy dish centered around the nutritional powerhouse that is broccoli. The tangy sauce has just a hint of sweetness that is balanced by the rich flavor of the toasted sesame seeds.
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- ½ cup deglet dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon tamari, low sodium
- 2 teaspoons dark miso
- 1 ½ cups water
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, extra firm
- 5 cups broccoli , florets
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until dates are completely pulverized.
- Cut tofu into bite sized cubes.
- Place the tofu into a bowl and pour about half a cup of the sauce over them.
- Stir to coat the tofu cubes.
- Place cubes onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Steam the broccoli in a pan by adding a cup of water to the pan and cooking on medium high, with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Drain remaining liquid off of the broccoli.
- Add the tofu to the pan with the broccoli and pour the remaining sauce on top.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sauce slightly thickens.
- optional: if you would like a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of arrowroot or corn starch to a couple tablespoons of water and stir into the sauce while still on the heat.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve over rice.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 15gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 411mgPotassium: 563mgFiber: 7gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 715IUVitamin C: 107mgCalcium: 283mgIron: 4mg
I’m eager to try this recipe for lunch today! Just what I was looking for! Thank you!
Do you think I could use white miso instead of dark one for this recipe?
I do not have Instagram. How do I see other people’s comments? Thank you in advance.
The comments are posted on our YouTube posts.
Wow! What an awesome resource. Thank you! (Can’t wait to try this recipe.)
This was so flavorful and delicious!
I often struggle to find recipe for which I can find all the ingredients (I live on Japan).
We are also enjoying the sauce as a dressing. Thank you, Jill!
Could I use this recipe for meal prep and store it for 3-4 days? Or is it better/safer to eat it right away? The sauce seems like it could be stored for a few days in the fridge. But ideally Id want to store all of it together to save time and not have to bake the tofu in the oven daily.
Maybe seperate the rice from the rest but put the broccoli, tofu and sauce all together, ready to eat, in a box and keep it in the fridge.
What do you think?
I think it would work just fine for a few days.