Sesame Tofu & Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until dates are completely pulverized.
- Cut tofu into bite sized cubes.
- Place the tofu into a bowl and pour about half a cup of the sauce over them.
- Stir to coat the tofu cubes.
- Place cubes onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Steam the broccoli in a pan by adding a cup of water to the pan and cooking on medium high, with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Drain remaining liquid off of the broccoli.
- Add the tofu to the pan with the broccoli and pour the remaining sauce on top.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sauce slightly thickens.
- optional: if you would like a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of arrowroot or corn starch to a couple tablespoons of water and stir into the sauce while still on the heat.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve over rice.