Buckwheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread
One of my favorite things to eat with breakfast is a piece of Buckwheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread toasted with a slather of peanut butter. The sweet cinnamon date swirl compliments the earthy flavor of the buckwheat bread perfectly. Breakfast just got a whole lot better!
Complement Supplements: our viewers SAVE 15% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Wellbean: our viewers SAVE $5 OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
Herbal Face Food: our viewers SAVE 20% OFF at checkout with code: PlantBasedEasy
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups soy milk, unsweetened plant milk of your choice
- ½ cup raisins, divided in half
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid aminos
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup deglet dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder and soda to a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add half of the soy milk, half of the raisins, apple cider vinegar and Braggs liquid aminos to a blender and blend until the raisins are pulverized.
- Pour into the flour mixture along with the remaining soy milk and second half of the raisins and mix well.
- Pour into a silicone bread pan or parchment lined bread pan.
- Add cinnamon topping ingredients to a blender and blend until it turns into a consistent paste.
- Pour mixture onto the top of the bread in two lines.
- Using a chopstick or butter knife poke down into the batter, starting at one end, drag the chopstick or knife back and forth through the batter in a S motion across the entire pan to make a marbled pattern.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Love this FREE recipe? Help us make more!Become a Supporting Member today!
Calories: 147kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 5gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.4gSodium: 202mgPotassium: 317mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 188IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 123mgIron: 2mg
I accidentally hit four stars and can’t change it to five! Love your bread recipes and want to see more! Your Irish Soda bread is amazing so I make two loaves at a time. I don’t east sodium and use these substitutions for the same result in all your recipes..
Baking Soda and Potassium Bicarb can be substituted equally.
1 teaspoon baking powder = ¼ tsp Potassium Bicarb + ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar.
Question about this recipe…in your video you bake the bread for 45 minutes, but the recipe says 1 hour. Which is the correct time? Thank you.
It is 1 hour. The original recipe for just the buckwheat bread is 45 minutes so I always check it at that point but with the added cinnamon date mixture it usually takes that extra time so that it cooks through.
To make your cinnamon swirl in your bread more like you remember it, simply add half the batter to the loaf pan, then half of the cinnamon mixture, swirl. Then add remaining batter and top with remaining cinnamon mixture a swirl again. There! Now you’ll have swirl throughout when you cut into it. 😊
Can i use water instead kilka?
I haven’t tried making it that way so, honestly, I’m not sure.
Can you use whole wheat flour?
I haven’t tried using any other flours with this recipe, sorry
Can you tell me what the texture of this bread should be like after it’s cooked? The bread is in the oven now. My first with buckwheat flour recipe. One difference I see is that my buckwheat flour is darker as is the bread.
The texture is spongy like the texture of quick breads
Made this for Good Friday. It was so delicious. Didn’t feel like a healthy alternative but a special treat.
I have made the buckwheat bread before, and found it a bit sweet, so it is perfect like this.
Hi what can I use instead of liquid aminos? Thank you
You can leave it out
Thank you! I left it out and it’s marvellous!! Added a tiny bit of a vanilla stevia to the bread batter too.
Wondering, if I could add some carob to the cinnamon swirl, have you tried?
I haven’t but it sounds delicious
why did my bread come out very dark? Is it a difference in buckwheat?
Some buckwheat flour, they grind with the hulls on which makes it a darker color. It works just the same though.