Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Cake
- Make frosting first so that you can put it in the refrigerator to firm up for piping.
- Add all frosting ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Scoop frosting into a piping bag with a star tip and place in refrigerator until needed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grind the oats from the cake ingredients in a blender to make flour.
- Pour into a mixing bowl along with the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Add the dates, soy milk and vanilla to a blender and blend until the dates are pulverized.
- Stir mixture into the flour mixture.
- Pour mixture into parchment lined springform pans only filling about a 1/3 full. * I used a 4 1/2 inch heart pan and a 5 inch square pan for the extra.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pans.
- Add all of the ice cream ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture on top of cooled cakes all the way to the top of the pans and smooth the top.
- Place into the freezer for at least 2 hours or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the freezer and release cakes from the spring form pans, carefully removing the parchment paper.
- Place cakes onto separate plates and decorate the top with the piping frosting and fresh strawberries.
- Keep in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Take out of freezer at least 30 minutes before eating.
- *Note: You can make this cake in small individual pans or one regular 9 inch pan cake just making sure to only fill the cake part to about a 1/3 full before baking so that the cake part ends up being half the volume of the pan once baked.